VA * : Very Important ! : ANOTHER REASON 22 VETS COMMIT SUICIDE/DAY : " VA HOTLINE " response via email when you contact them via their HOTLINE ! ….You can't make this sh** up ! :
" SUBJECT: PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SUBMISSION
We encourage you to read this message in its entirety because it contains answers to questions you may have about your submission. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General (OIG) Hotline has received your submission. Please note that our Hotline is not staffed to support emergency responses. If your submission concerns a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or your local VA police.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? WILL I BE CONTACTED AGAIN BY THE OIG?
Within the next 6 weeks your information will be carefully reviewed by our Hotline Staff and other OIG subject matter experts to determine the appropriate course of action. We will contact you again only if we open a case or need additional information; therefore this may be the only correspondence you receive from our office.
Acceptance Criteria -The Hotline accepts tips or complaints that, on a select basis, result in reviews of:
· VA-related criminal activity
· Systematic patient safety issues
· Gross mismanagement of waste of VA resources
· Misconduct by senior VA officials
We recommend that if you are having ongoing health care, disability claim, or business disputes with VA, continue working with the responsible Department office while waiting to see if the OIG will open a case on your complaint.
CAN I CHECK THE STATUS OF MY SUBMISSION?
We cannot provide status reports or information regarding the disposition of submissions that do not result in cases. However, complaints that do not result in formal cases may be used in planning future OIG inspections and audits, or, if not confidential, referred to VA officials for their information.
IT HAS BEEN 6 WEEKS SINCE I SUBMITTED MY COMPLAINT AND I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THE OIG. WHY WASN’T MY COMPLAINT ACCEPTED? WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
If we have not contacted you in 6 weeks, your complaint was not accepted for review because it does not meet one of the four criteria for acceptance or because another Government agency is better positioned to resolve the issue. Contact information for VA and other Government agencies that can help you is located on our website at http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/faq.asp.
The OIG does not investigate complaints that are unrelated to VA programs and operations or issues, such as those listed below, that are addressed in other legal or administrative forums:
· Allegations of whistleblower retaliation (This is because the OIG cannot provide direct relief to complainants in contrast to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel which can. Further information is available at https://osc.gov/Pages/WhatWeDo.aspx or 1-800-872-2249.)
· Claims for VA disability and pension benefits, and ratings, appeals, or home loan issues
· Claims for VA education benefits
· Tort claims or other legal issue/case/claims
· Litigation matters
· Employee grievances, unfair labor practices, union matters
· Whistleblower disclosures not related to the VA
· Discrimination and EEO complaints for VA employees, former VA employees, and applicants for VA positions
· Discrimination and complaints related to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
· Personnel actions/adverse action appeals/MSPB matters
· Disagreement with law or other political disputes
Thank you for contacting the VA OIG Hotline. "
22 SUICIDES PER DAY